Please give me answer in points
Characteristics of laterite soils:
1. Laterite Soils are leached Soils because alternating dry and wet spells cause the soluble silica to be removed.
2. These Soils are acidic in nature and coarse and crumbly in texture.
3. The proportion of lime and silica is reduced when leaching takes place.
4. In the upper layers, the compounds of iron and aluminium become higher giving a reddish colour to the Soil.
5. Lack of nitrogen, potassium and organic elements make these Soils unsuitable for cultivation. These Soils support pastures and scrub forests.
6. With the use of manures, coffee, rubber, cashew, etc., can be grown on these Soils.