design an activity using concave mirror to prove that it is convergent in nature
1. Hold a concave mirror in your hand and direct its reflecting surface
towards the Sun.
2. Direct the light reflected by the mirror on to a sheet of paper held
close to the mirror.
3. Move the sheet of paper back and forth gradually until you find
on the paper sheet a bright, sharp spot of light.
4. Hold the mirror and the paper in the same position for a few
5. The paper at first begins to burn producing smoke. Eventually it
may even catch fire.
6. The light from the Sun is converged at a point, as a sharp, bright spot by the mirror.
7. This point is the focus of the concave mirror. The heat produced due to
the concentration of sunlight ignites the paper.
This activity shows that concave mirrors are convergent in nature.